Sunday, February 23, 2014

Sunday Funday 2/23

What should I be working on right now?

Well it definitely is not this.  But who could resist a cute, quick, little Linky party?  This girl---that's who.  So I came across this party as I opened up my laptop to begin concentrating on lesson plans.  A couple of my favorite bloggers, Molly and Deirdre of A Burst of First and Lucky To Be In First, began this linky today and I just couldn't resist the opportunity to procrastinate on those plans just a bit longer.  Plus, look at their cute button.  I want a melonheadz design of me!!  


Alright, so here's how it works: 
Your post can be as long or short as you want.  Just share something fun.  Link your post up and be sure to link back to their blogs.  Then visit three others and leave some love.  Simple, huh?

One weekend a month, my hubby has drill for the Navy Reserves and therefore I am left to my own accord (we usually are inseparable on weekends).  For some reason, I have it in my mind to go out and shop, eat, and hang out doing all my favorite things but always seem to end up relaxing at home.  Hmmm...maybe a problem.  Anywho, today I spent time doing a few of my faves all at the same time:
  
My 16 year old and I are the only ones home so we stopped by my favorite pizzeria and grabbed some yumminess.  Mine is the Mediterranean.  Had the Twilight Saga marathon playing on the big screen as I indulged in some Insurgent reading, blog hopping, and mental attempts to begin my planning session. All in a days fun for me!  Let's hope next Sunday Funday proceeds with some more interesting events.

How about you?  What fun do you guys indulge yourself in?  Stop by and link up.  You can even click the cutie pie button above.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like the perfect weekend to me (except for the missing husband, of course!) That's a pretty fancy pizza box! Thanks for joining the fun!

    Molly
    Lucky to Be in First

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twilight and pizza all in the same day. Sounds like fun! Wondered if you ever miss first grade. I know our second grade teachers love teaching second.

    Mona
    First Grade Schoolhouse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thoroughly loved teaching 1st grade. I taught it for 5 years and could not believe that all my effort was so rewarding. Those babies grew SO much in just a school year. What a rewarding age to work with. I did however, burn out. When I moved to FL I was ready for a switch. I ABSOLUTELY love 2nd graders. They become such wonderful thinkers! I can't imagine wanting to leave this level any time soon.

      Delete
  3. So much fun! My kids are still little - my fun today was a Tinkerbell movie. = )

    Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  4. That actually sounds like a great day! I'd do the same thing! Thanks so much for linking up!!
    Deirdre
    A Burst of First

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you had a great day!! I love the idea of this linky! I always dread Sundays because it's the end of another weekend :( How I love reading your blog...makes me miss our school and the more I learn about you the more I know we would have been great teammates! Keep up the posts! YOU inspire me to learn more and keep up on my blog!
    Hey, just got a cool widget called shelfari...have you seen it?
    --Korren
    News, Views & Stews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! We probably would have made great teammates! I'm sure of it. I dread Sundays also. Not because of the week ending but mostly because my middle name is "Procrastinator" and so there I am -- planning, planning, planning.

      My goal for blogging is to try and blog at least once a week, so these fun Linky Parties have really helped me keep up with it. I'm glad I can somewhat still work with you in a blogging kind of sense. You always have some great new technology to tell about. I've never heard of Shelfari but I'll be sure to check it out.
      Now I'm off to check out your latest blog post.

      Delete