Wednesday, January 1, 2014

2014 Kick-Off with a Linky Party

I LOVE Linky Parties!!  Time for another…

I'm linking up with Blog Hoppin' again to kick off the New Year as a better blogger.


Day 1 - Fun & Family

My husband, Dennis and I have a beautiful, blended family of seven (six of us under one roof).
  Terrell - 16
Dejah - 16
Destiny - 11
Elijah - 14
Our family has had adventure since the day we got together.  In the last 2 years we have lived in 3 different states and traveled during most the major holidays.  This year we took a trip to NM to visit my family for Christmas.  We made some fun memories.



First time down-hill skiing for Dennis and the kids (well Elijah & Terrell snowboarded).  It was so much fun watching the smiles and laughter.  

                      



With all the moving and traveling we have done as a family, we have lots of great memories.  The kids are growing up so quickly.  A Fun & Family resolution is to create some more of those great memories before they begin heading off to college.  
  • Ski Bunnies - After re-sparking my love for snow skiing, I told my hubby that we need to take a ski trip at least once a year.  He agreed for now.  
  • Passports Please! - We also want to try and get the whole fam on a trip over seas.  Dennis has been to so many countries during his career in the US Navy but now we want to go together.  Particularly to Africa so we can give them that humbling experience.
  • Family Fun - My goal is to get us together in our home more often.  It seems like we are constantly going (football, baseball, band, choir, etc…).  It would be fun to find some "stay at home" activities.  Pinterest…here I come.
  • Date Nights - Dennis and I have never really had a hard time sneaking out and doing our own fun.  I think we have slowed down a bit now that we got back to TX.  I think it is time to make a clear plan to have those date nights scheduled.
So hopefully we can make those memories happen.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment