Tuesday, April 1, 2014

April Currently

Wahoo!  Spring is here and so is April so I'm linking up with Farley for this month's CURRENTLY.
Listening - I think I have seen every episode there is.  I also love that ion television plays reruns over and over and over again.  My hubby wonders why I keep watching if I know every episode all the time.  He doesn't get it.   Plus, 'm not the only one in my house that loves Criminal Minds.


Loving - Our kids rotate cooking dinner every M-Th.  At the beginning of each month, they fill in a dry-erase calendar with what they are cooking and on which day.  All we have to do is make sure the ingredients they list for us are available.  We also rotate chores (kitchen, bathrooms, floors, and dogs).  They are in charge of that chore for the week.  So, for example, tonight Elijah cooked and Destiny has kitchen duty for the week.  So all I have to do is sit at the table and eat.  Of course, some of the meals are not that great.  And we have to encourage them to change it up a bit.  And of course since they are teenagers we have to be on them to get their chores done all the time!!  But for the most part...it works!!



Thinking - I love Advocare Spark!!  It gives me so much focus and energy at the end of the day that I actually can get a run in in the evening instead of a nap! Ha!!  I have been an advocate for it since 2003!!  Best stuff out there and no jittery feeling.


Wanting - Unfortunately, Elijah likes cooking heavy things like steak and so that is what is on the grill. I really want something light and yummy.  I just can't figure out what.

Needing - A second request for you mentor teachers out there.  What-oh-what did you do while your student teacher has full take-over in the classroom?  I am running out of things to do!!  I need to come up with a list of things to accomplish.  I still have 2 1/2 weeks.  Ugh!!  [suggestions...suggestions]  Please comment below!!

Hours & Last Day - Yes!  Ugh!  It's such a super late day!!  I have never been in a school with such a late start time.  The kid's time is 8:50-3:50.  The day is gone by the time we leave the parking lot!!  

Stop by and link up with us!

4 comments:

  1. We start our day at 8:20 and get out at 4 - I HATE it! I want to be out in the sunshine! When I was in Florida I was out of school at 2:30 every day. It was awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have heard good things about Spark! I haven't ever tried it though. Your chore chart is really cool!! What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never seem to run out of things to do while my student teacher was teaching....I love to keep things organized. Maybe you could pull a small group for instruction or get some individual progress monitoring done?

    Lisa
    PAWSitively Teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE Criminal Minds too! And I love to watch the reruns over and over again. In Korea, they love their crime shows, so I watch a lot of CSI. But when Criminal Minds comes on, I get a little giddy. Love Dr Reed and Derek Morgan. Like love them.
    Angela
    Southern Fried Teachin’

    ReplyDelete